The 2018 International Congress of Plant Pathology (ICPP2018) Organizing Committee is offering need-based travel awards to increase access for early- and mid-career plant pathologists and related plant health scientists working in developing countries who otherwise would not be able to participate in the Congress. ICPP18 bursary awards are available, based on eligibility and selection, for the express purpose of offsetting costs associated with attending ICPP18 (i.e. registration, airfare, and/ or lodging). Questions? Contact: Mike Boehm (firstname.lastname@example.org); Bursary Committee Chair
· Applicants must be a member of the ISPP or one of ISPP’s associated societies with no more than 15 years of professional experience and who currently hold a post-graduate position at an established institution/organization based outside of the United States.
· Applicants must be the lead author on an ICPP2018 abstract and be presenting in an ICPP2018 concurrent, oral technical, or poster session.
· Preference will be given to early-to-mid career professionals from developing countries based on the latest list of developing nations compiled by the World Bank for low-income economies and lower-middle-income economies. Applicants from other countries not on this list will be considered on individual need based on sources such as the United Nations Development Programme’s Human Development Reports.
· Each selected applicant shall receive only one award.
· Those interested in receiving ICPP2018 Bursary Assistance Award funds must complete and submit the ICPP2018 Bursary Assistance Award Application Form by 12:00 p.m. (central daylight time U.S.A.) on August 31, 2017. Applications received after this time will NOT be considered.
· Application may be submitted online or faxed (print PDF application form below).
· Application requires the contact information and signature of a supervisor or department head.
· Application requires a short description of the topic you would like to propose for your abstract. (Submission for abstracts will be late Fall, 2017).
· The ICPP2018 Bursary Committee will review all applications. Applicants will be notified no later than November 1, 2017 as to the disposition of their requests.
1. Download the 2017 Bursary Assistance Fund Application Form
2. Complete the application, noting the above requirements.
3. Save PDF file in the following format: FAMILY NAME_FIRST NAME_ICPP2018.pdf
4. Complete the online form and upload the final version of your PDF application here.
5. You will receive an email receipt of your application submission.
If you have technical difficulties with the online form, please contact Brian Simdars (email@example.com).
If you have questions about the application process, eligibility, or selection for the Bursary Assistance Program, please contact Mike Boehm (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application will also be accepted through fax:
Please include a cover sheet with the following:
Bursary Application ICPP2018Family Name, First Name
To Fax number: +1.651.454.0766